You know that rules can be broken. It's only human nature. If you focus on habits though, you will create a whole new lifestyle.
Learn these new habits to enjoy Healthy Holidays:
- Always eat a healthy snack before going to a party. It will curb your appetite to manageable levels, and allow you to "taste and enjoy" rather than "hunt and bag". It's also a good idea to do your talking away from the food table. It's not polite to talk with your mouth full!
- Never, never starve the day of the party. You will only throw off your metabolism and set yourself up for a caloric crash. Instead, eat mini-meals, evenly spaced, throughout the day. It will do wonders in keeping your metabolism and appetite under control.
- Never tell people you are on a diet. It's like putting a neon sign on yourself that says "Talk me into eating everything in sight". Just say "no thank you" when offered certain foods. No one ever notices that the life of the party isn't eating!
- Remember, it's not the big parties that are a problem - it's the day by day eating. Avoid the "I've Blown It Now" syndrome.
- Always offer to bring an appetizer or salad so that you can be sure of a healthy option. And there are countless numbers of delicious, healthy options. Check out my cookbooks and recipes.
- Don't give a "just food-focused party". Plan other activities as well. People love it!